I have been using Sky Organics’ USDA Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil lately wherever I can! I even tried it in this super easy fruit-packed smoothie for a nice pick-me-up.
Sky Organics is a Miami-based lifestyle brand dedicated to creating safe, natural, and consciously made essentials. You can use their products for your face, body, hair and basically everything you need to make your own DIY products at home. Their Coconut Oil is a household essential because it’s safe for the entire family, even your little babies! It’s been a great baby oil alternative for Auggie and he’s smelling so yummy, I even want to eat him up.
My friend, Roxy, gave me this smoothie recipe and I adjusted it with my preferences! For my smoothie, I used:
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup water or coconut milk
- 1 cup of chilled overnight oats (optional)
- The recipe stated to grind the chia seeds, but I like the little crunch texture so I just tossed it in my blender. So this step is optional if you want your chia seeds to be powdered.
- Add fruits and coconut oil. I used a frozen banana, frozen grapes, and chilled overnight oats — for extra creaminess.
- Add water or coconut milk. I used coconut milk for extra coconut flavor.
- Serve immediately.
This was enough for 2 servings, perfect for me and Jesse to share!
Coconut Oil adds a nice flavor to foods and contains fatty acids with potent medicinal properties. This smoothie was a perfect drink to give me an extra boost of energy and help increase my milk supply. Give it a try and let me know what you think!