Charcuterie boards are so intimidating to make but they are much easier than you think! Honestly, I think we just all tend to overthink it but play around with your food items and it will turn out well. Regardless of the outcome, it is going to be eaten anyway haha. This is the second time I’ve ever made a charcuterie board, and you can find my first attempt here where I made a cheese + prosciutto board for a backyard picnic.
This time, I wanted to make a kid-friendly version for my toddler so I incorporated his favorite snacks: a variety of fruits, chocolates, and sweets. Don’t worry, he isn’t going to eat it all in one sitting (I’ll be helping haha).
The board is small so everything were in small proportions. I used Valentine’s cupcake liners as decor and to be used as a serving cup. I first placed them across from each other, one flipped upside down (this will be used as the serving cup later on) and another to fill up with a snack (I filled it with hello panda). Then, I placed cookies opposite of the hello panda so that the cookies are separated from each other. I filled in the board with fruits (blackberries, raspberries, mandarins, blueberries, and strawberries). I cut off the stems of the strawberries to shape them into a subtle heart (because we’re all a little extra, right? haha). I also added in gummy bears, cut up chewy bars, and mini marshmallows.
What are some of your kids’ favorite snacks? What other charcuterie boards should I make next? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
All the treats, all the sweets 🍭🍫🍬 I’ve connected with a few galentines to share some blogs featuring Valentine’s desserts! Brownies, donuts, cookies, cupcakes, charcuterie boards and more! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing:
- DIY Mini Valentines Donuts (free printable) by Cheyenne
- How to Make a Small Valentines Day Charcuterie Board with Your Kids + 3 Simple Treats Your Kids Will Love by Heather
- A Quick & Easy Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board How To by Amy
- Fun + Easy Valentine’s Day breakfast you can make with your toddler by Grace
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Charcuterie by Laila
- Valentines Day Breakfast Board by Ashley
- Valentine’s Day Hand Pies by Latifah
- Easy Valentines Days Charcuterie Board by Dorche
- Butter cookies with colorful nonpareil sprinkles for your little hearts by Michelle
- Fun Valentines Treat by Angelica